What is Stitcher?
Stitcher is an on-demand Internet radio service owned by Midroll Media that focuses on news and information radio, and podcasts. It provides free online streaming through its website and via native mobile applications for Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, and webOS. As of 2016, it was described as “the most popular alternative to the default Apple podcast app.”
Why should you get listed on Stitcher?
Stitcher is available as an Android app, an iOS app, a web platform, and as apps for Amazon Echo and Sonos base units. That means it exposes you to a whole lot of new audience members.
How do you list your podcast on Stitcher?
Submitting your podcast to Stitcher takes only a few steps.
- First, you’ll need to make a content provider account on Stitcher here.
- Once you have created and validated your account, log into it, and click the “Add Shows” link.
- Enter your podcast’s listing information, including its RSS feed address. If your podcast is hosted on Shortwave, you can find your RSS feed by following this guide: What is my podcast’s RSS feed.
- Agree to Stitcher’s terms and confirm your submission.
- Once you have submitted your show, it will take some time to get reviewed and ultimately end up on the platform. Stitcher should contact you once your show has been approved, but you can also check the status of the show by searching for it on the Stitcher app or website.